If you have navigated this far, congratulations!
At the moment, many college are reaching out to you with virtual tools, amazing offers, and introductions via Zoom. There are also many scholarships available and we have listed them all for you here, along with a direct link to the application. Many of them are for CTE school only and you will be amazed how many you may qualify for. Also, if you haven’t already checked out our Making Connections Program, you should. This is a great way to lay the foundation for your future by gathering solid work experience while in school.
Congratulations on all your hard work this year. It’s been a challenging one. Keeping your head on straight and finding your way to this page clearly indicates that you have what it takes to be successful. Use these resources and keep going!
RECENT VIRTUAL TOURS & EXCITING OFFERS
WIN A MACBOOK!
SENIOR INCENTIVE PROGRAM
COMPLETE THE PROGRAM AND GET SOME PRIZES!
- Fill out the MELMAC SURVEY. It helps us know what your plans are so we know how to help
- Complete the FAFSA. It provides financial info to colleges and trade school so these schools can adjust your tuition and help you find ways to finance your education
- Check out our Scholarship Page. There are many SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES and some are just for tech school students like you. We urge you to look at them and apply.
BEST OF ALL, YOU CAN WIN PRIZES FOR GETTING IT DONE!
CLICK ON THE BUTTONS BELOW & GET STARTED
NEED HELP? Please see Mr. Stivers or Mr. Darling
This form was emailed to all seniors on Nov. 23 in a Google Form. You can fill it out by clicking here It is also located on the home page of our website, www.r10tech.org (look for the Melmac button). The information collected on this form gives us the best means of helping you plan, providing follow-up services after graduation and accounting for program outcomes.
INCENTIVE: Completing this form qualifies students for a gift card drawing: 30 X $10 Irving Cards; 2 X $50 Irving cards.
2) IF YOU COMPLETE ONE OF THESE THREE PROCESSES TO INDICATE YOUR INTENTION FOR NEXT YEAR, YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER INCENTIVES (SEE BELOW)
- The FAFSA
- Documentation of having enlisted in or committed to any US Armed Force
- Documentation of significant new employment efforts.
INCENTIVE: Each student who shows they have completed one of the above will get an exclusive Region 10/MELMAC hoodie and also will be entered into a drawing for one of two brand new Macbook Airs!
3) LOOK AT THE SCHOLARSHIPS AND TOOL-SHIPS
It’s time! There are thousands of dollars of free money and/or tool grants for Region 10 students to apply for, and some require no enrollment in any post-secondary institution.
There are scholarships and tool-ships based on:
- Academic achievement
- Interest in certain technical fields
- Plans to attend certain/different kinds of post-secondary study
- Character and work ethic
- Religious affiliation
- Community contributions
NEED HELP? See Mr. Stivers or Mr. Darling
MAKING CONNECTIONS PROGRAM
If you are not planning to attend school next year, or if you would like to amass some great experience before or while you attend, speaking with Mr. Darling is a really good idea. Because, there are jobs that pay the bills and jobs that start to build your future as well. Future employers will look to see what kind of experience you have. The closer your job is aligned with what you’d like to do in the future, the better. With our new Making Connections Program, you can download a resume template, fill it out, review it with Mr. Darling and post it here for prospective employers to see. You can also look at all the jobs which are currently available. Every step counts, take this one today.
HAVE QUESTIONS? ASK MR. DARLING.